Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Time Capsule from 2012...

Dear Future Lloyd:

This message was written on Friday, March 30, 2012, the last day before Spring Break, but it's not scheduled to appear on the blog until 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 1, 2013. That means classes are starting about now, and all the non-college-class kids are scrambling to make it to first period, or face the dreaded march to Mrs. Partridge in the attendance office.

I thought I'd write something like this while I still can (in other words, before somebody decides to change the blog password and lock me out). Since it's 2013, we now officially know that the world hasn't ended and that the Mayans, when they weren't smoking exotic drugs or carving out a jaguar's heart to try to make it rain, were writing a faulty calendar...or at least one that we can't read correctly. We can all breathe a sigh of relief until the next Apocalypse hysteria grips us in a decade or so. I'm guessing it'll be 2:22p.m. on February 22nd, 2022. Make sure to build a bunker for 2:22 2-22-22!!!

Congratulations to the senior class of 2013, who are juniors as I'm writing this.

Best wishes to the 2012-13 juniors on their ACT scores, which I'm sure are awesome.

Some other things I hope:
1. If Mrs. Morris is seen wandering the halls during class, I hope someone tells her, "Don't worry, I'm sure your class is fine."

2. I hope the Tatler's running smoothly, and that nobody has to harass Mrs. Gillis about how to copy it this year, because I left instructions.

3. If Mr. Haynes makes a joke, I hope somebody laughs.

4. I hope Ms. Jump still says "pa-diddle" and "nuts," and dings her bell when somebody makes a funny.

5. Mrs. Donnell is still tough as nails. (I don't even really have to hope this; it's a foregone conclusion.)

6. By now either Ms. Roberts or Ms. Sastre should have won the Golden Apple Award from the NKY academic community. If one of them hasn't, the NKY academic community should go back to school.

Writing this was terrible fun.

Thanks, Lloyd, even though I'm long gone.

Tony Otten

No comments:

Post a Comment